Scrambled Sentences: Compare and Contrast Football and Basketball
Unscramble the sentences below - put them in the right order.
- There are many different kinds.
- Some of them are very popular and most sports provide many benefits to anyone who plays them.
- Some of them are played individually, whereas others are played in teams against another team.
- I am going to write about the similarities and differences between two sports; basketball and football.
- Sports have been played all over the world for hundreds, maybe thousands of years.
- It is usually a reddish-brown colour.
- A basketball team consists of five players, while a football team is made up of eleven players.
- It is usually black and white.
- Another similarity between them is that they both use a ball, although these are not exactly the same.
- In both of these sports, players can be replaced by substitutes when they are injured or tired.
- In contrast, a basketball is generally not as light and it is made of hard rubber.
- There are some important similarities between basketball and football.
- A football is round, light, quite hard, and made of either leather of synthetic material.
- Firstly, they are both team sports.
- Another obvious difference is the places that these sports are played.
- In contrast, basketball players can only use their hands to control the ball, which they dribble, pass and shoot.
- One difference is the part of the body used to control the ball.
- Football is generally played outdoors on grass pitches, whereas basketball is usually played indoors on a wooden surface, although quite a lot of people also play outdoors on concrete basketball courts.
- In football, the feet are used to dribble, kick and trap the ball.
- Although there are some similarities, there are also some important differences.
- Also, people sometimes use their heads to head the ball.
- That is probably the reason basketball and football are so popular all around the world.
- They can also learn self-discipline and teamwork at the same time.
- All in all, most sports, especially team sports like basketball and football, give players a chance to develop themselves physically.